Outreach and communications Coordinator Fruitshare Vista
The Green Urban Lunch Box is seeking a dedicated individual to provide communication and outreach support and to our FruitShare Program. FruitShare is a fruit gleaning initiative in Salt Lake City, UT that partners with local fruit tree homeowners and local volunteers to harvest fruit that would otherwise go to waste. This fruit is then distributed to aid in hunger relief efforts throughout the Wasatch Front.
The Outreach and Communications FruitShare VISTA is a capacity building position that would work to engage the community through outreach efforts at community events and facilitate streamlined communication between all of our partners. This position is offered through Harvest Against Hunger Harvest VISTA program and is a full time 40 hr/week position and includes a living stipend and an educational award upon completion.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Recruit and provide all communication with volunteers and coordinate their harvest events
- Secure funding through paid fruit tree services to meet budgetary requirements
- Manage fruit tree homeowner and volunteer data in our CRM database
- Schedule all fruit tree services. This includes pruning, thinning, fertilizing, pest control and harvesting
- Collaborate with Board of Directors Business and Community Partner Board Committee and sit on committee
- Develop and implement an outreach strategy that will engage the community to volunteer in our FruitShare Program.
- Table at community events and engage and educate the public on our FruitShare program
- Update and strengthen our FruitShare training documents and outreach materials
- Coordinate b-grade apple collection and storage for end of year cider pressing
- Coordinate and participate in cider press at the end of year with Mt. West Cider
- Provide administrative and development support to Executive and Associate Director
- Ability to use or learn Salesforce
- Familiarity with Google Suite
- Commitment to serving a full service term
- Ability to engage in positive, professional manner with diverse populations
- Commitment to mission/goals of The Green Urban Lunch Box and FruitShare
- Valid Utah Driver’s License
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment
- Strong Customer Service Skills
- Strong and independent work ethic
- Willingness to learn
- AmeriCorps VISTA provides a bi-weely living stipend of $575.40 for the duration of the the term of service
- Upon successful completion of the term of service, an education award of $6,495 will be distributed
- Relocation Allowance
- Child Care assistance
- Health coverage
- 20 week CSA Share
- Flexible schedule and Paid time off
If you are interested, please apply at the AmeriCorps VISTA website here. The application deadline is April 1, 2022. If you have any questions please contact Katie at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.