A crate of fresh fruit for you every week! When you support our FruitBox program, you are also revitalizing urban spaces, preventing food waste, and feeding people in need.
How the Program Works
What you can expect.
For just $250, you can have the freshest fruit in your home every other week AND support a vital cause!
- One milk crate of a variety of fresh fruit every other week for 12 weeks (July—October)
- Includes a mix of apricots, plums, grapes, peaches, apples, and pears based on availability
- Our Farm: 3188 S 1100 W (South Salt Lake)
- Tuesdays 12pm – 7pm and Thursdays 12pm – 7pm
- Millcreek Hub: 1809 E Bagend Street (Millcreek)
- Tuesdays 5pm – 8pm
- Sugarhouse Hub: 1658 E Blaine Avenue (Sugarhouse)
- Thursdays 6pm – 8pm
- Intermountain Medical Center (Murray)
- Thursdays 4:30pm – 5:30pm
- WeWork: 90 S 400 W, 3rd Floor (Downtown Salt Lake City)
- Tuesdays 1pm – 2pm
- Or add home delivery for $100
Where does the fruit come from?
FruitShare: The fruit you will receive is harvested in our FruitShare program. This program actively works to reduce food waste while feeding those in need. We coordinate groups of volunteers to harvest previously unused trees in the Salt Lake Valley. The volunteers keep some, the homeowners keep some, and the majority is donated to local hunger relief efforts.
Why are we selling it? Our FruitBox and Canner’s CSA programs are a unique way for us to become more self-reliant as an organization. By purchasing a FruitBox, you are directly supporting this program.
Other Ways to Support This Program
Is FruitBox not for you?
We also offer a weekly Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) Share which includes vegetables, greens, and herbs. Or perhaps you are looking for crates full of peaches and canning vegetables to preserve? Check out our Canner’s CSA.
Join the volunteer team!
We love our volunteers and would love to have you join us! There are many ways you can volunteer–from picking fruit to helping in a garden to sitting on a committee.